Antti K. Koskela is a Finnish Software Developer / Escalations Engineer / Generally Geeky Person, currently living in Montréal, Canada. Koskila.net is his personal professional (e.g. professional, but definitely personal) website.
Okay, let’s drop the third person speech. You can read more about me and stuff I do from here: https://www.koskila.net/antti-koskela/
In addition to this being my personal home page (nowadays, I guess that means a catalogue and links to my other stuff online in different channels, right?), I’m blogging about all kinds of exciting topics!
See a few examples below.
What’s this site about?
The tagline for my blogging efforts has been Solutions are worthless unless shared for quite a while already. That’s to say, since I’ve gotten a lot of help from the community whenever I’ve had issues getting something to work, I like to give something back. This blog is my way of doing that.
Blogging has been a great, lightweight way to sort my thoughts and document weird fixes and findings along the way. And boy, has there been a lot of them! Microsoft’s stack always keeps surprising me – mostly in a positive way, but there are always bumps on way too!
Nowadays, the blog receives about 10 000 unique visitors monthly. That’s been a huge motivator for improving some of the articles – I’d share them anyway (since it’s for my own documentation, too), but I’m trying to write them better, since there’s a fair chance someone else reads them as well!
Isn’t that cool?
Jokes aside, check out the tech & programming tips (most of the posts tend to be about solving certain specific issues with Microsoft’s stack), most of which are about ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Azure or Active Directory – it’s fairly Microsoft-centric, I’m afraid!
Latest “Techy” Posts
#SharePointProblems – it might be pretty obvious, but a lot of my more technical posts are about SharePoint and related issues. Office 365 and Azure are very heavily featured as well.
Below are some of my latest posts about technical topics. There’s new stuff coming out almost weekly!
- Fixing “-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException” when accessing SharePoint SOAP Web Services
- “500 Internal Server Error” after switching a WordPress site to PHP 7.3
- Azure Functions failing on “OPTIONS” call? Quick fix!
- How to fix Add-PnPApp failing with an Access Denied error
- Subsite creation in SharePoint fails with error 0x80070005 for any user (even global/farm admins!)
- New-PnPSite fails with “SiteStatus” : 3
There’s an occasional post about software issues other than on Microsoft’s stack, and a rare post about hardware, too! And sometimes I might post about my sessions at different community events, or experiences as an expat living in a foreign country (in 2017, that country was the USA, in 2018 & 2019 Canada).
I attend community event like SharePoint Saturdays whenever I can, and I’m lucky my employer Valo sends me all around the world.
I’m also speaking at some of these events every now and then – see below, if any of the events are coming up (of catch the materials from the latest gigs)!
You can also see a list of all my sessions and session materials.
- Speaking at SPS New England on 10/20! October 17, 2018 Another exciting announcement to make – I’ll be speaking at SharePoint Saturday New England on 20. of October in Boston! My session about Microsoft Flow, Azure Functions and a bit of Cognitive Services was accepted for the developer track. I’ll be presenting at 9:00 – 10:15 AM in room Cranmore. There’s a lot of awesome sessions and other awesome speakers, and I’m honored to share with ...
- Speaking at SPS Nashville! May 4, 2018 This Spring is crazy – so many cool announcements to make! I’ll be speaking at SharePoint Saturday Nashville on 5.5.2018. This one’s a completely new SPS event for me, and I’m honored my session was accepted on the developer track! Based on the feedback from earlier sessions, I’m really excited to speak to the community about the cool new toys Microsoft is giving us! :)Never been to Nashville – excited ...
- Speaking at SPS Houston! April 27, 2018 Another exciting announcement to make – I’ll be speaking at SharePoint Saturday Houston on 28.4.2018! It’s a completely new SPS event for me, and I’m honored my session was accepted on the developer track with some other really professional speakers. I’m really hyped to share more of the cool stuff I’ve been working on! Looking forward to seeing what Houston is like!Since I haven’t been in Houston before, let alone attended a SharePoint ...
- Speaking at SPS Twin Cities! April 9, 2018 Exciting announcement to make – I’ll be speaking at SharePoint Saturday Twin Cities (SPS TC for short) on 14.4.2018! It’s one of the biggest SPS events worldwide, and I’m honored my session was accepted on the developer track. I’m really hyped to share some of the cool stuff I’ve been working on! Looking forward to an awesome SPS TC again!I’ve attended SharePoint Saturday Twin Cities once before, in 2017, while living in Wisconsin. The event ...
Latest posts by Antti K. Koskela (see all)
- Fixing “-2147024891, System.UnauthorizedAccessException” when accessing SharePoint SOAP Web Services - January 17, 2019
- “500 Internal Server Error” after switching a WordPress site to PHP 7.3 - January 15, 2019
- Azure Functions failing on “OPTIONS” call? Quick fix! - January 9, 2019
- Thanks for an amazing 2018! - December 28, 2018