Antti K. Koskela is a Finnish Software Developer / Escalations Engineer / Generally Geeky Person, currently living in Montréal, Canada. Koskila.net is his personal professional (e.g. professional, but definitely personal) website.
Okay, let’s drop the third person speech. You can read more about me and stuff I do from here: https://www.koskila.net/antti-koskela/
In addition to this being my personal home page (nowadays, I guess that means a catalogue and links to my other stuff online in different channels, right?), I’m blogging about all kinds of exciting topics!
What’s this site about?
The tagline for my blogging efforts has been Solutions are worthless unless shared for a while already. That’s to say, that since I’ve gotten a lot of help from the community whenever I’ve had issues getting something to work, I like to give something back. This blog is my way of doing that.
Blogging has been a great, lightweight way to sort my thoughts and document weird fixes and findings along the way. And boy, has there been a lot of them! Microsoft’s stack always keeps surprising me – mostly in a positive way, but there are always bumps on way too!
Isn’t that cool?
Jokes aside, check out the tech & programming tips (most of the posts tend to be about solving certain specific issues with Microsoft’s stack), most of which are about ASP.NET MVC, Entity Framework, SharePoint, Azure or Active Directory – it’s fairly Microsoft-centric, I’m afraid!
Latest “Techy” Posts
#SharePointProblems – that’s the name of the current iteration of the site. Might be pretty obvious, but a lot of the technical posts are about SharePoint and related issues.
Below are some of my latest posts about technical topics. There’s new stuff coming out almost weekly!
- How to fix an Office Group with no Owners
- Help! My “Content and Structure” page in SharePoint Online is gone!
- Thanks for coming to my session at SPS New England 10/20 !
- Ignite 2018 recap: What’s new for Azure Functions?
- Problematic behavior of web.AddSupportedUILanguage(int lcid) in SharePoint 2013 and 2016
- Fixing “The following functions are in error: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.” error in Azure Functions
- How to access Azure Function App’s settings from C#?
- How to interpret SharePoint’s view count managed properties (like “ViewsLast1Days”)?
There’s an occasional post about software issues other than on Microsoft’s stack, and a rare post about hardware, too! And sometimes I might post about my sessions at different community events, or experiences as an expat living in a foreign country (in 2017, that country was the USA, in 2018 Canada).
I attend community event like SharePoint Saturdays whenever I can, and I’m lucky me employer Valo sends me all around the world. I’m also speaking at some of these events every now and then – see below, if any of the events are coming up (of catch the materials from the latest gigs)!
You can also see a list of all my sessions and session materials.
- Speaking at SPS New England on 10/20! October 17, 2018 Another exciting announcement to make – I’ll be speaking at SharePoint Saturday New England on 20. of October in Boston! My session about Microsoft Flow, Azure Functions and a bit of Cognitive Services was accepted for the developer track. I’ll be presenting at 9:00 – 10:15 AM in room Cranmore. There’s a lot of awesome sessions and other awesome speakers, and I’m honored to share with ...
- Speaking at SPS Nashville! May 4, 2018 This Spring is crazy – so many cool announcements to make! I’ll be speaking at SharePoint Saturday Nashville on 5.5.2018. This one’s a completely new SPS event for me, and I’m honored my session was accepted on the developer track! Based on the feedback from earlier sessions, I’m really excited to speak to the community about the cool new toys Microsoft is giving us! 🙂Never been to Nashville – excited ...
- Speaking at SPS Houston! April 27, 2018 Another exciting announcement to make – I’ll be speaking at SharePoint Saturday Houston on 28.4.2018! It’s a completely new SPS event for me, and I’m honored my session was accepted on the developer track with some other really professional speakers. I’m really hyped to share more of the cool stuff I’ve been working on! Looking forward to seeing what Houston is like!Since I haven’t been in Houston before, let alone attended a SharePoint ...
- Speaking at SPS Twin Cities! April 9, 2018 Exciting announcement to make – I’ll be speaking at SharePoint Saturday Twin Cities (SPS TC for short) on 14.4.2018! It’s one of the biggest SPS events worldwide, and I’m honored my session was accepted on the developer track. I’m really hyped to share some of the cool stuff I’ve been working on! Looking forward to an awesome SPS TC again!I’ve attended SharePoint Saturday Twin Cities once before, in 2017, while living in Wisconsin. The event ...
Latest posts by Antti K. Koskela (see all)
- How to fix an Office Group with no Owners - November 14, 2018
- Help! My “Content and Structure” page in SharePoint Online is gone! - November 7, 2018
- Thanks for coming to my session at SPS New England 10/20 ! - October 20, 2018
- Speaking at SPS New England on 10/20! - October 17, 2018