This article describes a simple fix to an issue (well… One issue or many possible issues), where git fails to pull anything from remote, throwing instead an error somewhat like this: fatal: no such branch: ‘master’ Bah. This stops you from pulling any new changes from remote, and likewise it’ll stop you from pushing your new stuff out there. Always something going wrong with git, right? But what exactly is the reason this time? Problem So there I was, just following a guide on docs.microsoft.com.…Continue reading Visual Studio Code fails when running “git pull” for a new project
So one day, I needed to quickly check if an identity field in a view in a Microsoft SQL Server was actually unique or not. I was running into weird issues with Entity Framework throwing an error somewhat like this: Store update, insert, or delete statement affected an unexpected number of rows (2) Or somewhat like this: Type: DbUpdateConcurrencyExceptionStore update, insert, or delete statement affected an unexpected number of rows ([row count]). Entities may have been modified or deleted since entities were loaded. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=472540…Continue reading How to form a parameterized SQL query to find duplicates in a table.
This article describes how to configure your .NET Core application to serialize objects in camelCase instead of PascalCase. I guess this is another quick note – something that should be simple, but I couldn’t remember how to do it from the top of my head, and the solution turned out to be a bit unintuitive. I guess that makes it worth documenting because I’ll run into this again for sure. Anyway – let’s take a closer look at the actual issue at hand, shall we?…Continue reading How to serialize to JSON in camelCase using .NET Core?
This article documents the quick and dirty fixes and patches I’ve found for Home Assistant. I’m trying to document all the things that are not complicated enough to warrant an actual blog post themselves somewhere, and this page is as good a place as any. Hopefully, these tips end up being helpful to someone else as well!
One day I suddenly realized my Home Assistant’s ClimaCell integration stopped working. That was weird – it had been running just fine for a while. I had signed up for a ClimaCell developer account at developer.tomorrow.io (or whatever the address was before rebranding from ClimaCell to Tomorrow.io – but this is the portal I used) on the 28th of July, perhaps in 2020, or perhaps 2019. And it worked brilliantly so far, but suddenly and without warning, just stopped working. The only thing the log…Continue reading No way to renew a ClimaCell API subscription – what to do