I ran into compatibility issues with .NET Core 2.2 on my Azure Functions projects, so I downgraded my whole solution (an Azure Functions project, a helpers library and a web application project) to 2.1, and got rid of that particular nuisance.
This introduced a few new issues, though – namely, I started getting this error whenever trying to restore nuget packages or build the project:
NU1107 Version conflict detected for Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Language. Install/reference Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Language 2.2.0 directly to project [projectname] to resolve this issue. [projectname] -> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.CodeGeneration.Design 2.2.0 -> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.CodeGenerators.Mvc 2.2.0 -> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.CodeGeneration 2.2.0 -> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.CodeGeneration.EntityFrameworkCore 2.2.0 -> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.CodeGeneration.Core 2.2.0 -> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.CodeGeneration.Templating 2.2.0 -> Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Language (>= 2.2.0) [projectname] -> Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.1 -> Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Language (>= 2.1.1 && < 2.2.0).
This is apparently caused by a weirdish hardcoded dependency in .csproj file. You don’t normally run into this issue, but I suppose when you create the project with one .NET Core version (like 2.2) and then downgrade (to 2.1, in my case), you could fall into this trap.
The instructions that the error gives, are kind of correct – but at least for me, NuGet Package Manager would not let me install 2.2.0 version of the Microsoft.AspNetcore.Razor.Language because the project being built on 2.1, it requires a version LOWER THAN 2.2.0 of said package.
So NuGet Package Manager is not the way to go. But you can still modify the project file directly!
In my case, the solution to this particular instance of package version conflicts was this:
How to resolve .NET Core 2.1 package conflicts?
- Modify the .csproj file of your Visual Studio project directly
- This can be done by unloading the project, and clicking “modify the project file”
- Add the following lines into the package references ItemGroup
- <PackageReference Include=”Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Language” Version=”2.2.0″ />
- <PackageReference Include=”Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection” Version=”2.2.0″ />
- <PackageReference Include=”Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions” Version=”2.2.0″ />
- Reload the project
- Rebuild (or clean + debug)
Try running your project. If your issue was the same as mine, you should be good to go now!
He's been a developer from 2004 (starting with PHP and Java), and he's been bending and twisting SharePoint into different shapes since MOSS. Nowadays he's not only working on SharePoint, but also on .NET projects, Azure, Office 365 and a lot of other stuff.
This is his personal professional (e.g. professional, but definitely personal) blog.
Latest posts by Antti K. Koskela (see all)
- Failed to load component. Original error: ***Failed to load path dependency ContosoSPFxWebPartLocalization from component [guid] (ContosoSPFxWebPart). - May 15, 2019
- How to resolve “You cannot edit this page”-error in Modern SharePoint - May 6, 2019
- “Connecting to site failed: ‘.’, hexadecimal value 0x00, is an invalid character.”, when trying to connect to SharePoint Online - May 2, 2019