This article explains a quick and dirty fix when you get an error somewhat like “UsageConfigurationNotSupportedInSubscription” when you’re deploying an Azure Logic app from a template. The same fix will probably apply to a number of other issues – but don’t hold me accountable for this :)
Anyway – on to the topic of the day!
Can you tell by some of my recent blog posts that I’ve been deploying a few Logic Apps recently? :)
Today, my Azure Logic App deployment from a template – a template exported from a Power Automate Flow – failed miserably.
The full error message you might get is something like this:
Usage configuration is not supported in subscription '[guid]'.
So, what do?
Your template is likely malformed. I mean – it could be an issue in the subscription, too, but in my case the template contained unnecessary jabber that was messing up the process.
Time needed: 10 minutes.
How to fix “UsageConfigurationNotSupportedInSubscription” error in Azure Logic App deployment?
- Reopen your deployment template
You can do this by observing your failed deployment and clicking “Redeploy”. Or if you have the JSON file available, just use that.
- Copy-paste it to an actual text editor
It’s far easier to modify the text in a real text editor, like Visual Studio Code or Notepad++.
- Remove the offending JSON in your template
Look for a node called “usageConfiguration” and remove it.
Yeah, really. Just remove it. You can always reconfigure the app configuration afterwards (for the supported parts anyway!)
- Paste your JSON back to Azure Portal and re-deploy!
You’ll either get that “Your deployment is complete”, or maybe another error message.
And there you go!
I actually have nothing here. Uhh.. Maybe sign up for a free Azure account here? (Not getting paid, btw)
- HttpContext.WebSockets.IsWebSocketRequest always null in .NET Core? - July 27, 2021
- Docker-compose fails on Windows with “Error while fetching server API version: (2, ‘CreateFile’, ‘The system cannot find the file specified.’)” - July 20, 2021
- Azure DevOps suddenly 404s for your project? Easy fix! - July 13, 2021