This post was most recently updated on July 27th, 2022.2 min read.
In this article, I am pretty much just sharing one link – the one, where you can request a new free Office 365 Developer subscription. And while I’m not sure if anyone else ever needs to google for this, I am actually quite comfortable just documenting it for myself. Just like all of the other blog posts, really :)
See, this is a thing I struggle with, because:
- I tend to need it often enough that I find myself looking for it, but seldom remember it by heart
- Microsoft’s own documentation is a bit long-winded and it talks about sandboxes, Teams portals, licensing – stuff you might not be that interested in if you just want that dev tenant to be up and running!
So, long story short, here’s the link:
Simple as that. Now it’s documented 😁
How to activate free Office 365 Developer tenant:
Time needed: 5 minutes.
- Select the link
- Select Start
You will be confronted with an empty box like this:
Hitting “Start” will bring up a dialog with a few questions
- Enter your details
After entering your details you will be presented with something like this:
- Select pack
The sample data packs let you populate your tenant with all kinds of near-realistic, almost lifelike data. Depending on which pack(s) you selected, you might get a SharePoint site somewhat like this (I recall there are 6 or so different options, and you can pick multiple ones):
With users like this:
Those of you with keen eyes will notice, that some of the data is already somewhat dated – I guess the data packs or templates are not very dynamic… :)
Also, don’t fret if the deployment sometimes takes much longer than stated. It’s often a matter of hours but can take up to weeks. Not much can be done about it.
Anyway, that’s all I had to document about that. Happy coding!
- Automatically get version number from project dependencies in Azure DevOps - March 28, 2023
- Solving “AADSTS90097: An error has occurred during admin consent processing.” issues in your app - March 21, 2023
- How to fix your MAUI Blazor app crashing on startup with “Failed to compare two elements in the array.” ? - March 14, 2023