OfficeDev.PnP is a cool Microsoft-curated community effort to take the Office development to the next level.
Are you getting an error like “The SPListItem being updated was not retrieved with all taxonomy fields” when you try adding or modifying values in a TaxonomyField of a list item in SharePoint, either using the GUI, or with PowerShell or even programmatically? Then read ahead, I’ve got a quick and dirty solution! Reason After quick googling and some frustration, I figured the probable reason for the issue. SharePoint went and broke the link between the internal Note-field and the actual TaxonomyField you’re supposed to…Continue reading How to fix “The SPListItem being updated was not retrieved with all taxonomy fields” error
This blog posts briefly describes how to solve some of the most typical errors about missing PnP Cmdlets when using Windows Powershell (or SharePoint Online Management Shell). Symptoms When trying to run some PnP-related cmdlet, you get an error similar to ones below: Connect-PnPOnline : The term ‘Connect-PnPOnline’ is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or o perable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try aga…Continue reading How to solve errors about missing PnP Cmdlets on PowerShell
This post describes a couple of ways to fix the issue “For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document”. At least for me, it appeared when trying to access SharePoint Online using Powershell or a console program using OfficeDev.PnP (which in turn uses CSOM). Error When running any piece of code, whether in PowerShell, .exe console or anything else than in the code behind relies on .NET Framework, you get an error like this: For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document.…Continue reading Fixing the “For security reasons DTD is prohibited in this XML document.” issue