Well, it’s been a year. It certainly does not feel like it has been a whole 12 months since I last wrote one of these, you know? I failed every single one of the goals I set for 2021, but I’m not going to lie, family takes (and deserves) so much time that it is no wonder that our hobbies suffer a bit. But still – writing these year reviews…Continue reading 2021 – Year Review!
One more article before Christmas! 😁 This time, I’ll be fixing a function that’s triggering based on new messages received through my IoT Hub in my Azure Functions project. Technically speaking, this is super simple to implement – your function needs to define an IoTHubTrigger, with an Event Hub name and usually a Connection String (I don’t know why I’m Sentence Casing that, too, but I’ll stick to it!) You…Continue reading How to fix “Microsoft.WindowsAzure.Storage: Server encountered an internal error. Please try again after some time.” when using IoTHub trigger for Azure Functions?
Another one in the series of “this should’ve been easy, but alas, you’re the edge case”. “You” being “me”, and the “edge case” being our internal npm feed (registry), for whatever reason. Ah, well – life would be extremely boring if everything always went according to documentation, right? So, instead of the built-in ways to access npm feeds, this solution includes some PowerShell. Ah – that’s when you know it’s…Continue reading How to authenticate against npm registries in Azure DevOps?
So a while back I posted about testing your “vanilla” WebSockets connection directly in the browser – and while that’s nice and easy, sometimes you need to class up a bit. In my case that meant upgrading to SignalR (for some corporate and enterprisey reasons as usual). It makes sense to leave behind the easy, simple, lightweight and somewhat transparent WebSockets to “upgrade” to the enterprise-ready (and arguably quite a…Continue reading How to test SignalR-connection in the browser?
I tend to post a lot of articles about different gotchas and configuration tweaks, but this one goes back to the roots a bit – just me and a couple of other devs hacking some code together and being blocked by a bit of an obstacle, that’s then fixed by – you guessed it – writing niftier code. Or actually, I suppose it was more about removing some and adding…Continue reading How to access claims of a SignalR user in ASP.NET Core?
Another fun one with Azure Functions! At least it’s a simple one: this time, I ran into a weird issue while doing some code reusing – well, copy-pasting – between a couple of different projects. I was lovingly hand-crafting some Azure Functions, while suddenly the Azure Functions host would throw this in ugly red letters: Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: ‘Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Core, Version=18.104.22.168, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60’ at Mono.Cecil.BaseAssemblyResolver.Resolve(AssemblyNameReference name, ReaderParameters parameters) at…Continue reading Azure Function build fails with “Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: Microsoft.AspNetCore.Mvc.Core”