This post is about two of my favorite tools: Chrome SP Editor, and SharePoint Search Query tool. Or maybe better yet, an amalgamation of the two! Description I’ve mentioned the Chrome SP Editor before, and for a good reason. It’s a great tool for any IT Pro or Dev working with SharePoint on a daily basis. It’s maintained by a very talented developer, one of the people behind Valo Intranet, Tomi Tavela. If you’re using the tool, let him know on Twitter! But I’m not…Continue reading SharePoint Search Console – Now available inside Chrome SP Editor!
I ran into compatibility issues with .NET Core 2.2 on my Azure Functions projects, so I downgraded my whole solution (an Azure Functions project, a helpers library, and a web application project) to 2.1, and got rid of that particular nuisance. This introduced a few new issues, though – namely, I started getting this error whenever trying to restore nuget packages or build the project: NU1107 Version conflict detected for Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Language. Install/reference Microsoft.AspNetCore.Razor.Language 2.2.0 directly to project [projectname] to resolve this issue. [projectname] -> Microsoft.VisualStudio.Web.CodeGeneration.Design…Continue reading Resolving the Version conflicts for a downgraded .NET Core 2.1/2.2 web app project
Quite often you get the need to simply quickly query all the database sizes on MS SQL Server. Most typically, for me, this need arises when a development machine gets low on disk space, and I need to check if some database’s log size has been growing, or if something else is wrong. In my daily work, I rarely encounter this requirement anymore. Azure has almost entirely obliterated the need for such diagnostics, since it’s so easy to spin up or scale up new development…Continue reading Easily querying all the database and log file sizes on SQL Server
This post describes one nobrainerish fix to the error “An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest [projectname].deps.json was not found.” I ran into this while running Update-Database for my ASP.NET Core web project, that’s using EntityFrameworkCore 2.1.1. I hadn’t seen this one before, but the error was quite interesting: Error: An assembly specified in the application dependencies manifest (Koskila.[projectname].AzureFunctions.deps.json) was not found: package: ‘Koskila.[projectname].AzureFunctions’, version: ‘1.0.0’ path: ‘Koskila.[projectname].AzureFunctions.dll’ Well that’s a weird one coming from an update-database command!
Google is shutting down their Facebook killer, Google+. While I’m sure there’s at least 10 end users that are sad to see the ill-fated not-that-social-medium go, the implications for Software Developers actually could be far more far-reaching. A lot of implementations of Google’s OAuth seem to rely on Google Plus’s APIs to get gather information about the user. When Google Plus goes down, so will the APIs. Their apparently unsafe implementation seems to be a major reason Google’s hastening the shutdown anyway. This means that…Continue reading Google Plus is shutting down – fix your .NET OAuth flow!